We solve complex puzzles. Impossible missions are our daily business that we love to hack. If you seek challenges and building state-of-art Linux applications, pushing Linux solutions to the next level – you are on the same page.
We keep Linux systems up and running. As the developers of the OpenSource software DRBD® LINBIT has led the way in data high availability since 2001. DRBD has been included in the Linux kernel since version 2.6.33 (2009) and has been deployed on all major Linux distributions. Our products bring added value to the Linux community making storage reliable, available and performing ultra fast.
As a software engineer at LINBIT you will join our team in developing a new Software Defined Storage management system. This software is written in Java, so a strong background in Java is required.
- Minimum 3 years experience writing Java
- Git familiarity
- Ability to work in a team
- Proficiency with programming for Linux environments
- Proficiency with non-blocking I/O programming
- Proficiency with SQL databases
- Linux: Storage administration (LVM), ZFS, DRBD
- Ability to work with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins
- Proficiency with Jira and project management
- Proficiency with distributed systems
- Strong data structures and algorithms skills
- Strong multithreading skills (advanced synchronization
(java.util.concurrent), scheduling, etc.)
- Ability to work with Bash, Python, C++, C and Go
- Linux system administration and troubleshooting skills
- Being part of a great crew solving complex challenges
- Working with international clients from all over the world
- No bureaucracy and corporate politics
- Working in a modern environment with a lot of creative freedom
- Flat hierarchy
- Excellent connection to the public transport network (U6)
- Position: Full-time
- Location: Vienna, Austria
- Start: As soon as possible
- Salary: Due to legal reasons we are obliged to disclose the minimum salary according to the collective agreement for this position, which is EUR 3.000 gross per month. We offer a higher salary in line with qualifications and experience.
- Application: Please submit a resume along with any code examples and or git repositories you manage.