We solve complex puzzles. Impossible missions are our daily business that we love to hack. If you seek challenges and building state-of-art Linux applications, pushing Linux solutions to the next level – you are on the same page.
We keep Linux systems up and running. As the developers of the OpenSource software DRBD® LINBIT has led the way in data high availability since 2001. DRBD has been included in the Linux kernel since version 2.6.33 (2009) and has been deployed on all major Linux distributions. Our products bring added value to the Linux community making storage reliable, available and performing ultra fast.
As an engineer at LINBIT you will join our team in supporting high-availability, disaster recovery, and software defined storage systems. Our customers range anywhere from appliance manufactures to small companies.
A strong background in Linux administration is required as the majority of your interactions will be with other Linux system administrators. This position will be on the front line of our support team and will be a part of an on-call rotation – 1 week, every 5 weeks.
- Must be able to interact with customers with a positive attitude and understanding
- Minimum 3 years Linux system administration experience
- Git familiarity
- Ability to work in a team
- Proficiency with troubleshooting Linux environments
- Ability to read log files
- Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks
- Proficiency with DRBD
- Proficiency with high-availability – Pacemaker/Corosync
- Linux: storage administration LVM/filesystems
- BASH scripting skills
- Familiarity with KVM/XEN virtualization technologies
- Proficiency with containers
- Proficiency with RHEL or Debian based systems
- Being part of a great crew solving complex challenges
- Working in a modern environment with a lot of creative freedom
- Working with international clients from all over the world
- No bureaucracy and corporate politics
- Flat hierarchy
- Position: Full-time
- Location: Beaverton, OR, USA or Vienna, Austria
- Start: As soon as possible
- Application: Please submit a resume along with any code examples and or git repositories you manage.
- For the Austrian candidates: Due to legal reasons we are obliged to disclose the minimum salary according to the collective agreement for this position, which is EUR 3.000 gross per month. We offer a higher salary in line with qualifications and experience.